Blankets are available in various designs and compositions that provide varying degrees of warmth, softness, and strength.
They are usually woven but can be woven or sewn using the Mali or Arachne fabric shaping technique, sewing with a needle, or by layering fibres on a polyurethane foam backing.
The yarn can be composed entirely of cotton, wool, nylon, acrylic, or polyester blends.
Types of Blankets
- Blankets can be divided into three main types: regular, thermal, and polyurethane.
- Their characteristics differ somewhat in appearance, texture, warmth, strength, and care.
- All types of blankets are produced in four sizes, and the sizes are pretty standard.
- Twin size is 66 “X 90” (168 X 229 cm) and 72 “X 90” (183 X 229 cm); double or full size – 80 “X 90” (203 X 229 cm);
- Queen size is 90 “X 90” (229 X 229 cm) and 95 “X 90” (241 X 229 cm); and the king size is 108 “X 90” (274 X 229 cm).
Various blanket options available online
- The wide range of blankets and prices available in the market ensures that everyone will find the correct item.
- At online stores like Myntra, Amazon, Flipkart, Indiamart, Mysleepwell, Pepperfry, etc., you will find 100% original brands and various filters that narrow your search to buy precisely what you need.
- Choose cotton, fleece, fur, microfiber, mink, polycotton, polyester, and wool fabrics.
- Combine comforters with cotton or microfiber fill to suit your needs.
- The diverse range of designs and designs includes abstract designs, cartoon characters, plaid, ethnic motifs, floral, geometric, solid, and striped designs to suit different age groups with different tastes.
- The size finder will help you choose the correct size comforter for your crib, double bed, double bed, XL double bed, and single beds.
- The type filter will show precisely the blanket you are looking for. Choose from options including comforter, duvet, dohar, comforter, and duvet.
- The utility filter shows the type of blanket suitable for an air-conditioned room, harsh winter, mild winter, and summer, according to your needs.
- Dry clean, hand wash, or machine wash; choose the one that suits you best.
How to design Blankets for a cosy bedroom?
- When you walk into the bedroom, your bed becomes the centre of attraction, and renewing your home furnishings is just as important as your wardrobe.
- Follow these simple design tips to make your bedroom as stylish as you are with a trendy duvet.
1. Theme, Colour, and Style of Blankets
- First, create a piece. Please choose a colour or style that will be reflected in your room, be it a sofa, curtains, or table runners. The uniform colour and similar type of furniture will create a strong sense of belonging and individuality.
2. Kids room
- The kids’ room requires vibrant colours and cartoonish stickers. Expand your child’s room with a cartoon-print duvet.
- This is sure to spark conversations between your child’s friends.
3. Minimal bedroom
- For lovers of modern interiors, blankets with minimalist pastel prints and bedspreads in dark tones create stylish contrast.
- Add modern-style lamps to either side of the bed, and your room looks like a photo from a home decor magazine.
4. Electric bedroom
- For those of you who love eclectic interiors, traditional patterned cotton duvets are one piece that adds a much-needed exotic. Add some matching pillows to your duvet to create the perfect ensemble.
The Best Summer Blankets for a warm sleep
1. Climarest Cooling Blankets
- This 100% cotton-filled synthetic blanket is made with a phase change material that senses and regulates your body temperature not to get too hot.
- Pretty clever if you ask us. Since it’s only $ 75 per queen, we’ll buy one for each
2. Therapedic Weighted Cooling Blankets
- Good news: a heavy blanket doesn’t mean you’ll wake up in a puddle of sweat. Evidence? It is a refreshing Weighted Blanket from Therapedic.
- It is made of bamboo, which is naturally breathable and moisture-wicking, so it is much more relaxed than cotton.
- Just make sure you choose one that is about ten per cent of your body weight so that your blanket isn’t too heavy.
3. Threadmill Home Linen Herringbone Blankets
- The 100% cotton in this duvet is so soft and silky you’ll want it to lie in bed all year round.
- And with eight different colour combinations, you’re sure to find one to match your bedroom decor. More than 200 five-star reviews speak of its quality, ideal size, and comfort.
The Best Blankets for Winter
1. JML Blanket, Flannel Fleece Blankets
- Queen Size 90″ x 90″ – Plush Soft Anti-Static, Wrinkle, Fade and Shed Resistant, Warm Printed Bed Blankets
Celebrate the season in all its wintery glory with this tree-themed microfiber fleece blanket from JML.
- Lightweight and breathable, this 100 per cent microfiber pick comes in a cosy full-size (79-inches by 80-inches) and is excellent for anyone who likes to be warm but not too warm.
- It’s also machine washable, wrinkle-proof, and won’t pill. Better yet, according to buyers, it feels like “sleeping in a bed of buttery soft clouds.” Sold!
2. Sunbeam Heated Throw Blankets
- Reversible Sherpa/Royal Mink, 3 Heat Settings, Garnet – TRT8WR-R310-25A00
- On the chilliest of nights, sometimes even the warmest blanket just won’t cut it. Enter this electric blanket from Sunbeam.
- With three heat settings, you’ll be able to turn things up, or better still, on. You can even choose just how warm you want it to be!
- Featuring the company’s ThermoFine technology (a unique wiring system that helps prevent overheating), this blanket is also made with a luxurious mink fabric on one side and a premium soft sherpa.
3. Exclusivo Mezcla Velvet Flannel Fleece Plush
- Queen Size Bed Blanket as Bedspread/Coverlet/Bed Cover (90″ x 90″, Forest Green) – Soft, Lightweight, Warm and Cozy
- It is made from the most luxurious velvet microfiber polyester material around; this soft-to-the-touch forest green blanket is so rich in style and comfort.
- It gives Scarlett O’Hara’s infamous green dress in Gone With the Wind a run for its money.
- According to reviewers, it feels just as opulent, too, with one customer raving, “It’s the softest and most luxurious blanket! I LOVE these. You can have them in several colours now!”
Categories to explore Blankets
- Woollen Blanket
- Baby Blankets
- Cotton Blanket
- Hospital Blankets
- Printed Blankets
- Kids Blanket
- Knit Blankets
- Relief Blanket
- Hotel Blankets