Table of Contents
Lip Injections are carried out at the level of the labial mucosa or along its contour, for plumping the lips, is a micro-invasive treatment. The filling material is natural and synthetic derivation: generally, the technique involves hyaluronic acid, which has practically replaced collagen.
These are temporary fillers. Hyaluronic acid infiltrations are the most frequent thanks to continuous evolution in experimental research relating to this filler, which is perfectly absorbable by the human body.
The various types of fillers are fillers in which botulinum toxin is used above all to correct the lines around the eyes (the so-called crow’s feet).
And those of the forehead (in fact, it has the purpose of relaxing the furry muscles that determine the wrinkles created by facial expressions).
Lipofilling has also become quite common in temporary fillers, injecting fatty tissue from other parts of the body to fill the lips.
In general, the choice of the most suitable face filler depends on the type of imperfection, age,
the anatomical area, and the morphological characteristics of the person.
Advantages of Lip Injections
Hyaluronic acid lip fillers are less invasive and less expensive than plastic surgery and cosmetic surgery and have the following advantages:
- They reshape the lips gradually.
- They give a very natural look.
- Limited invasiveness of interventions.
- There is no pre-surgical preparation, no anesthesia.
- No scars remain, and recovery times are fast.
They are cheap (the cost depends on the type of filler and the imperfection.
Results of Lip Injections
- Once injected into the labial mucosa, Hyaluronic acid recalls the water molecules, producing a three-dimensional bulk.
- It restores the volume and appearance typical of young and plump lips.
- The following application of the filler at a level of labial mucosa, the product is metabolized and consequently reabsorbed by the body.
- With varying times depending on the imperfection treated and the type of preparation used.
- Lip fillers with hyaluronic acid are safe for the body: they are reabsorbed without leaving noticeable marks.
How long do The Lip Injections Last?
- The lip filler is not permanent, which is quite reassuring. On average, they last from 6 to 9 months. The body absorbs the hyaluronic acid, and the lips deflate slowly and progressively until they return to their original shape.
- The healthier the lifestyle, the longer the effect of the filler will last and will have a greater yield. Smoking and sun exposure is a factor that contributes to a shorter duration of the fill.
- The constant use of moisturizing and nourishing creams based on hyaluronic acid, on the other hand, improves the performance of the fillers on the lips and around the contour.
- Once the hyaluronic acid has been injected, you still have time to go back without waiting for the regular resorption times if you don’t like the result.
- The doctor will indeed have a hyaluronidase enzyme that accelerates the absorption process of the filler.
- You can repeat the treatments as much as you want for aesthetic purposes, but the effectiveness will decrease over time.
- The more you undergo the fillers, the more the body will get used to the acid and will tend to reabsorb it quickly.
Contraindications and Side Effects of Lip Injections
Although these are products of natural origin, their use is not recommended in cases of:
- Firstly, Hypersensitive to the components of the filler.
- Secondly, Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Cold sores in progress.
- Autoimmune skin diseases.
- Lastly, Blood clotting problems.
Generally, the complications caused by treatment with fillers are mild or modest: most resolve spontaneously.
The Risks of lip filler can be:
- Transient whitening of the treated area.
- Superficial necrosis is due to congestion of the vessels.
- Formation of hematoma or bruising.
- Injection site infection.
- Overall, I’m 100% happy with my decision to have lip injections, even though it was a quick decision to act on a long-standing reverie. (As the queen of overthinking, that was important).
- The important thing is that I see it, and I am all the more confident about it.