Best Drugstore Highlighters is the perfect complement to bronzer, improves the finish of your foundation, and best of all gives skin a touch of glow.
There’s nothing quite like skin with a natural, sun-kissed glow. Unfortunately, not all of us are privileged sufficient
to have a perfect, radiant complexion.
However, there is a way to simulate a gorgeous glow with a bit of makeup artist trick:
While you have no shortage of premium highlighters, makeup artists agree: Drugstore highlighters are worth the hype.
So, we asked three famous makeup artists to share their favourite drugstore highlighters that are worth it.
Table of Contents
Best Drugstore Highlighters to shine like the stars
1. Physicians Formula Butter Highlighter
- This makeup artist favourite comes in two shades and is easy to apply.
- Champagne has more of a tanned glow which works best on darker skin tones, while the pearl undertone is flattering on lighter skin tones.
- “It makes your skin radiant, and it comes in beautiful shades for different skin tones,” famed makeup artist Merav Adler explained.
- Renowned makeup artist Megan Lanoux agreed and pointed out that this formula can be transparent or look more intense conditional on applying it.
2. Almay Make Them Jelly Hi-Lite
- Almay’s highlighter is unique in terms of texture and colour.
- Franzino says the texture is similar to jelly, making it fun to use and perfect for projecting a night glow on the cheekbones.
- If you need to tone it down a bit, Franzino recommends mixing a drop with the moisturizer and then spreading it all over the skin.
3. Elf Baked Highlighter
- This baked drugstore highlighter is by far the cheapest option on our list, but it doesn’t lack in quality.
- Are you new to using a highlighter, don’t want to splurge on your glow; this is a great option.
- “This baked highlighter is amazing,” said celebrity makeup artist Jeannie Robinette, who has worked with Victoria Beckham since 2011.
- “It’s tangy, opaque, and they’re so cheap! “
- This highlighter infused with vitamin E, jojoba, rosehip, sunflower, apricot, and grape oils to nourish and hydrate your skin.
4. Revlon PhotoReady Highlighting Stick
- The light filtering formula (especially in Gold Light or Pink Light shades) of this highlighter is ideal for cool tones of olive skin tones.
- The soft, creamy stick glides effortlessly over the skin and is easy to rub on with precision.
- Use a little for a subtle brightening result, or layer it up for a bolder look.
5. Flower Glisten Up! Highlighter Chubby
- The easy-to-slip stick makes this creamy and subtle highlighter foolproof. Franzino recommends applying along the top of the cheekbones for a youthful candlelit glow.
6. Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter
- If you love the metallic touch, this highlighter is about to become your new obsession. It is super pigmented and available in gold and rose gold tones.
- Critics recommend applying it with a light hand at first because too much can be, well, too much.
7. Revlon x Ashley Graham Tropical Vibes makeup bag
- Most highlighters can be used on both the face and body. But if you want something specifically formulated for a below-the-neck glow.
- The best bet is this beachside collaboration from Revlon and model Ashley Graham.
- This illuminating kit includes Golden Lava Face & Body, a dewy liquid bronzer that you can use from head to toe.
- You will also receive Lip Highlights, a shimmering copper-coloured lip gloss.