Table of Contents
The waistcoat is an essential garment for anyone who loves classic elegance, a fundamental element for the three-piece suit for men.
The waistcoat has gained a leading role in the male wardrobe, an indispensable protagonist in ceremonies and a precious ally.
In business or informal contexts.
Here is everything you need to know about the waistcoat: its history, its characteristics, how to choose it, combine it and wear it.
Advantages of wearing a waistcoat
- Wearing a waistcoat will help you create a more formal look with your suit.
- From business meetings and job interviews to weddings, graduations and more, countless occasions call for formal attire.
- If you think to attend a formal event, you will need to wear a formal suit. Among other things, this means that you will need to avoid wearing it and instead wear a waistcoat.
- You can also combat the cold with a waistcoat.
- Whether it is made of cotton, linen, wool, or any other common material, it will create an additional transition between your body and your surroundings.
- As a result, you will stay a little warmer while wearing it.
- Finally, they are easy to put on and take off.
- If you get tired of wearing the waistcoat in the middle of the day, you can take it off. Just undo the buttons, at which point you can remove them.
- For this reason, you can wear a waistcoat at any time of the year.
- The double-breasted is the more formal solution.
- The main configuration is that with six buttons, it is possible to observe versions with 4 or 8 buttons.
- It is the most suitable waistcoat for ceremonies or events in which you have to show off greater rigour.
- Double-breasted gilets usually have lapels, a shawl or more rarely spear or notched, for a more sophisticated and demanding style.
- They should always be worn fully buttoned, with elegant clothes, over the shirt and under the jacket.
- You should never wear them without a coat unless you want to openly challenge the canon of classic elegance.
How to wear a waistcoat with Shalwar Kameez?
- When it comes to shalwar kameez, India and Pakistan are the best places for people to search for the latest patterns, trends, and colours.
- The shirts are adorned with beautiful embroidery that men often wear on special occasions and holidays.
- The waistcoats can also be made with different fabrics and well stitched depending on the fit.
- Recently, Junaid Jamshed also launched a line from his collection, and in his group, the designer has brought together all current and fashionable cuts.
- Indian elegance waistcoats with shalwar kameez fashion are also very prevalent, and many designers like Sabyasachi create the most magnificent and regal looks with waistcoats.
How to style velvet waistcoats?
- Men wear velvet waistcoats to give their suits a striking look.
- This versatile and popular piece creates a casual and elegant look that can also be worn as a formal dress. Velvet goes well, with anything from jeans to fancy scarves.
- Wear just the waistcoat as the outfit’s main outfit, or add some texture with some cashmere prints.
- The velvet waistcoat is best in a dark blue or blue or black or satin shade.
- Regardless of the waistcoat you use, you can adapt it to your needs.
- Choose it with an exceptional style. Although a classic velvet waistcoat is cute, you can get a surprising factor with a special waistcoat with unique features.
- Well-defined shoulders, exaggerated lapels, a modern cloth or a round hourglass waist.
Best brands to buy a waistcoat
- These are some of our favourite sitting room to buy waistcoat in India.
- Most of these brands also ship internationally if you are in another country:
- Pency has been on the market since 1982. With an extensive collection of dresses and especially waistcoats, it has made a name for itself.
- If you are looking for unique cuts and trends in waistcoats, this Indian brand will never disappoint you. You can find the products on Myntra and Flipkart.
- They offer the latest designs and fashions. The material used is of decent quality, and the products are very reasonably priced.
- Jompers the best brand for inexpensive Nehru waistcoat and jackets, especially in paisley and floral print.
5. Junaid Jamshed
- As we know, Junaid Jamshed established by a famous singer and later religious preacher.
- They have their outlets in almost every city in Pakistan. A great choice to get a waistcoat, and they also have a good combination with Shalwar Kameez.