Table of Contents
Eyeshadow Primers help eyeshadow and eyeliners stay put, prevent creased eye makeup, and have a gel-like formula.
Its use is essential. With a matte or illuminating finish, fix eyeshadows, eyeliner, and pencils.
Goodbye to the products accumulated in the creases of the eyelids. Presenting on the market in different textures can have a moisturizing, smoothing, and anti-aging action.
To help you choose, we have compiled a list of the best eye primers.
Making up the eye area allows you to enhance your look and show off different looks based on your mood.
Benefits of Using Eyeshadow Primers
- It avoids ruining your day or a gallant evening. It’s best to use the best eye primer.
- A practical cosmetic that acts as a base for the eyeshadow should be applied in small quantities by tapping on the eyelid and eye contour.
- Fundamental for those who want to create long-lasting makeup, it enhances the colors.
- It fixes the makeup well, making it longer lasting and preventing the eyeshadow from accumulating in the eyelid creases.
- The best eye-specific primers also differ in type. They can be moisturizing, smoothing, or anti-wrinkle – deciding which one to choose depends only on the type of your skin.
- They have also colored versions of highlighters of shades of the eyeshadow or covers any spots, almost performing the function of a concealer.
- Or you can opt for a matting or illuminating finish to intensify long-lasting makeup.
- The eye base is sold in different forms: you can find it in a stick or the most popular cream version.
- In addition, this cosmetic also helps those who have an oily eyelid: dry it with a veil of powder and then apply the primer to mattify.
- To help you choose, we present the best eye primers on the market.
Best Eyeshadow Primers
- We have drawn up a ranking, taking into account all the type, finish, and colored versions and the reviews expressed by users.
- Here is the selection of the best eye primer bases to buy.
1. Urban Decay Primer Potion
- The primer eyes of Urban Decay are one of the best on the market.
- It has a cream texture capable of making makeup last up to 24 hours, enhancing the colors better, and not letting the eyeshadow accumulate in the folds.
- The polymer technology it uses corrects the imperfections present and reduces the wrinkles of the eyelids.
- This 10ml primer is easy to use thanks to the handy precision applicator. It is available in flesh color, but once spread on the skin, it is transparent.
2. Nyx Proof It
- The NYX brand presents its primer, one of the best-selling and most appreciated on Amazon.
- Its waterproof formula intensifies the colors of the eyeshadow, preventing it from fading or dripping.
- The semi-transparent product has a wet effect on the eyelid, prolonging the makeup convenient the applicator, and convenient the package containing two eye bases of 7 ml each.
3. Stay Don’t Stray Eyeshadow Primer
- While those with dry eyelids may get away with any eye primer formula, it may not always feel comfortable.
- That’s why it’s essential to find a primer like this one that includes moisturizing ingredients, like sodium
hyaluronate and vitamin E.
- And it’s a multitasker—reviewers love using it as an undereye concealer.
4. Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- We now present the eye primer from Too Faced, a company established in the beauty field.
- The consistency is light, while the formula is suitable for oily eyelids, combination, or oily skin: it corrects imperfections and does not let excess sebum penetrate.
- But it doesn’t stop there. It has a smoothing and waterproof effect, while eye makeup is guaranteed for 24 hours.
- The color is transparent and releases a slightly pearly finish. The package contains 10 ml of product.
5. Cosmetics Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
- Cruelty-free and vegan, this no-frills primer packs a punch to make a few bucks.
- It has a more delicate texture, but that doesn’t prevent it from avoiding creases and relapses.
- Just like most eye shadow primers, you will need to wait a few minutes for the formula to dry before applying makeup.
6. Kiko Milano Pearly Eye Base
- Another product not to be missed is Kiko’s eye primer.
- The formula makes the makeup long-lasting, enhancing the colors of the eyeshadow, which is perfectly fixed on the eyelid.
- This base with an illuminating finish releases a pearly effect that gives new light to the look.
- The formula contains wild rose extract and pigments to even out the color of the eyelids. The texture is fluid and light for this 12ml base.
7. Lavera Natural Eyeshadow Primers Base
- The transparent Eyeshadow Base is the essential accessory to all kits for long-lasting makeup.
- Its texture with aloe vera juice dries quickly and prevents the migration of pigments on the mobile eyelid.
- Thus, your eyeshadow will last even longer, guaranteeing you perfectly made-up eyes all day long.
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested, also suitable for contact lens wearers.
- Gently dab a small amount of Eyeshadow Base onto the eyelids and let dry briefly.
- Like many cosmetics, eye bases also stand out for their matte or illuminating finish.
- Depending on your tastes, you can indulge yourself and always show off new looks. Be careful, though.
- Those with oily or combination skin should prefer mattifying primers: they are drier and more versatile because they match any eyeshadow.
- The illuminating ones, or shimmers, are more modern and look a new intensity.
Also Read: What is Hair Gel? How to use? The Best Hair Gel – Which One To Buy?
Best Drugstore Highlighters – Best Highlighters to shine like the stars
Best eyebrow filler – Types of Eyebrow Filler, Best Eyebrow Fillers