An Informative Guide To Marijuana Detox
Marijuana is a very controversial subject, to begin with. There isn’t any concrete research that has been able to prove the harmful nature of this harm, but at the same time, it is not completely deemed to be healthy.
There are places in the USA where the consumption of marijuana is legalized. Even some mental health professionals prescribe marijuana to patients dealing with severe anxiety and depression.
Even though it has not been proven completely harmful, there are reasons why you shouldn’t consume marijuana.
First, the most common method of consuming this herb is crushing and smoking it, creating long-term lung problems anyway since you are inhaling so much smoke.
Secondly, even if marijuana can be compressed in a pill form, it is still a drug that eases the release of happy hormones in our minds. This can make anyone dependent on this herb for mood upliftment.
Therefore, if you have become a victim of marijuana addiction, this might be the right article for you, as we will be elaborating on an informative guide to marijuana detox treatment.
Why You Should Not Take Marijuana
Yes, marijuana can be consumed as an alternative to medicine, but you should stay away from this habit because the dependency is dangerous.
You will be rushing to the aid of this herb for every stress relief, every mental health issue you suffer from, which is not healthy. Although there will be other ways of fighting this stress, the easier option is something you will choose.
If you are someone wanting relief from this addiction and want to move towards its treatment, you have already crossed an important milestone. You should start from a detoxifying program; go to the site to find more about its detoxifying program.
Whether you enroll yourself in an inpatient detox program or simply carry out the process of staying at home depends on your addiction level. So, you should consult either a sober coach or therapist to understand this.
Medical detoxification will be required if you are someone suffering from severe urges to smoke again. That being said, marijuana is something that is very commonly available in some places, so it is always suggested to enroll yourself in a facility.
At Least for the first few weeks so that you do not get distracted by other sources.
Things To Cut Down Completely When You Are In An Outpatient Facility.
In an outpatient detox facility, you are taking supervision from experts along with your medical treatment from your own house. If you want to have a healthy recovery, these are things you should completely eliminate from your life.
- Group of people or friends who are influencing you to not cut down on the usage of marijuana.
- A certain trigger is stressing you to consume this herb.
- The source from which you can get marijuana.
- Other substances like alcohol or tobacco can make the urge to take marijuana even stronger.
What Is Your Recovery Plan?
Your recovery plan again depends on the level of addiction that you are suffering from. It could be something as simple as daily meditation, exercise, yoga. But it can also be taking extensive therapy and medications.
Since marijuana also has some serious withdrawal issues, you shouldn’t try to make your own recovery plan. It doesn’t matter if you want to stay in and continue with your recovery process; always remember to get expert advice on the matter.
If you feel like your addiction has started to control you, immediately consult a therapist. Only by talking to a therapist will you understand the actual problem causing your addiction.
The addiction o marijuana generally stems from too much stress, or anxiety, and even depression in some cases. You have to first be self-aware of the problem; only then will you be able to come up with a recovery solution.
Learn from where the mental health conditions stem from. For example, if it is the family environment, you can have a family therapy session which will allow you to resolve some family issues. Your family members, in return, will learn the environmental factors which might be triggering your addiction.
What Are The Things You Should Expect From This Detox
This is something that will help you get a better perspective of what to expect when you go for Marijuana detoxification.
- Medicines are not necessarily prescribed when it comes to this addiction. But exceptions are made for people suffering from a severe case. Other than that, withdrawal from marijuana is generally made by keeping the patient away from the source and mindful activities.
- Some of the common withdrawal symptoms that you might face are panic attacks, falling into chronic depression, and body aches. But all of these can be combated through detox techniques.
- The withdrawal symptoms of marijuana addiction are mostly mental rather than physical. Intense agony and hopelessness to borderline suicidal are some of the severe cases in the records.
- First, in case of overdose treatment, a person doesn’t die of a marijuana overdose. The extreme cases have utter dizziness, heavy vomiting, or losing one’s senses. This is when they are rushed to the hospital.
- Whenever you are choosing the detoxification process, make sure it is the correct one for you since no one method will fit the needs of everyone.
Marijuana addiction is not very common, and its recovery process is also very simple. So, if you are feeling a sense of helplessness, thinking you won’t be able to live without this drug, don’t worry; it is not that worse.
You will feel some sadness and depression at the beginning of the withdrawal symptom. But with proper help, you will be able to get out of this phase easily and quickly. Marijuana might not be as dangerous as any other synthetic drug, but its dependency is still dangerous, and you should find a healthy alternative for this.