Fluoride-free toothpaste is a natural alternative without the possible risk for dental fluorosis, discolouration, or pitting on the teeth and other elements, such as triclosan.
It may appear as brown spots, scatter white specks, or white spots. The teeth may even feel rough.
In this sense, various brands are currently marketed on the market. Aloe Vera and Coconut oil are the natural ingredients used in fluoride-free toothpaste.
Aloe Vera and Coconut oil have natural fungicidal and bactericidal properties that make them an excellent option to replace toothpaste with fluoride.
Although the use of fluoride-free toothpaste is recent, there is research that proposes to question the need for fluoridation.
Ethical questions related to the fact of deciding on entire populations are argued.
So far, we can realize that those who defend the use of fluoride emphasize its main benefit in the fight against cavities.
They ensure that it is a natural element.
On the other hand, consumers concerned about the presence of chemicals in personal hygiene products have options.
Fluorine and Use of Fluoride
- Fluorine is a chemical element that is part of halogens, chlorine, bromine, iodine, astatine, and tense.
- It is naturally found in water sources: rivers, lakes, and seas, even in plants and animals.
- At average temperatures, it appears as a component gas of fluorides. It is released into the environment through natural processes such as weathering and volcanic emissions.
- But also through human action by combustion of industrial waters, coal, metal production (steel, aluminium), and phosphates.
- Likewise, industrial activities related to refrigeration and aerosols (so-called fluorocarbons ) are an essential source of fluoride emissions.
- The latter, however, has decreased, as it was the leading cause of damage to the ozone layer.
Best Fluoride-Free Toothpaste for whiter and brighter teeth
- When it comes to our white teeth, we don’t beat around the bush. We’ve tested DIY teeth whitening kits, even strips that promise a brighter smile.
- So it seemed fair to us to find out what’s wrong with the semi-controversial issue of fluoride-free toothpaste.
- According to Giacomo Favero, a cosmetic dental and cosmetic clinician, surgeon, and researcher, “Fluoride [in toothpaste] is a chemical mixture that contains a wide range of chemicals, which puts this substance in category four; on the scale of hazardous materials.”
- “This is the highest and peak dangerous classification that a substance can receive.”
Additionally, Favero told us that the evidence is no longer clear about whether fluoride helps prevent cavities.
- With this info in mind, we decided to find the best fluoride-free toothpaste on the market.
The Best Fluoride-Free Toothpaste
1. Hello Fluoride Free Whitening Toothpaste
- Hello, carefully formulated this natural toothpaste with only the best ingredients like soothing aloe vera, stevia, and a silica blend that works together to clean and whiten teeth.
- In addition to not containing fluoride, the toothpaste does not contain artificial flavours, dyes, microspheres, parabens, and gluten.
- Even better? It is vegetarian and has never been tested on animals.
2. Fluoride-Free Desert Mint Flavored Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste
- Desert Essence promises that this formula will leave you with that coveted “clean mouthfeel.” Its tea tree oil discourages the progress of harmful breath-causing bacteria while cleaning your teeth.
- Users also love the taste of their peppermint essential oil.
3. Coco Smile fluoride-free toothpaste
- Another toothpaste that will offer you good protection despite not having fluoride in its composition.
- The truth is that it is a little-known brand, but after trying it, I have realized that it is a perfect option to value.
- If we focus on this product, we can realize that it has activated coconut carbon as the main ingredient.
- But for the composition to be perfect, it also includes other natural ingredients. You will get a good cleaning, knowing that it is not an abrasive product, and consequently, your teeth will not suffer.
4. Himalaya fluoride-free toothpaste
- Are a vegetarian or vegan, I can assure you that this toothpaste will adapt very well to what you are looking for.
- You have to know that it has been made with plant products in its entirety, and above all, it does not include any chemical product that can damage the teeth.
- You will not add strength to the teeth with this cream, but you will get a deep cleaning. That is, you will remove plaque and remove stains from your teeth.
- I can assure you that with little time you will be able to wear a charming smile. I want to highlight that it includes pomegranate as an antioxidant source.
5. Marvis Classic Strong Mint Toothpaste
- Imported from Florence, this toothpaste will make you feel extravagant every time you brush your teeth.
- It cleans and whitens while protecting against cavities, tartar, and plaque.
- Not to mention the stylish packaging you can be proud to display on your bathroom counter.
6. Kiss My Face Triple Action Gel Toothpaste
- Aloe vera is a natural ingredient well-known for its soothing and moisturizing properties.
- The internal mucilage gel of the aloe plant (the part used in skincare products) is made up of 99.5% water.
- In this case, the triple action refers to removing plaque, whitening, and the prevention of tartar formation, three real benefits.
- It has tea tree oil, aloe vera, olive leaf extract, and peppermint and offers an excellent mint flavour.
- And a bonus? It does not contain triclosan or sodium lauryl sulfate, two chemical ingredients often found in other toothpaste.
best fluoride-free toothpaste
toms fluoride-free toothpaste
does fluoride-free toothpaste work
Colgate fluoride-free toothpaste