Basic Concepts the Kids Should Know About Real Numbers
Real numbers are considered to be the best possible and simple combination of the rational as well as irrational numbers in the world of mathematics. On a general basis, the different kinds of arithmetic operations can be perfectly performed on all these kinds of numbers so that they can be represented into the number line very easily. At the same time, imaginary numbers are the non-real numbers that cannot be represented on the number line and are only utilised in the cases of representation of the complex number in the world of numbers.
Every concept associated with the real number has been perfectly explained as follows:
The real number can be perfectly defined as the union of both rational as well as irrational numbers and they can also be positive as well as negative. All the natural numbers, decimals and fractions will come into this particular category broadly known as real numbers.
Being clear about the set of real numbers is very much important for the kids and the following are some of the basic categories in this particular area:
- All the natural numbers which are starting from one and go to infinity
- All the whole numbers which include the collection of zero along with natural numbers
- All the integers which will be the collective results of positive number as well as negative of natural numbers
- The rational numbers can be perfectly written in the form of P/Q where Q will not be equal to 0
- The irrational numbers are not rational numbers and can never be written in the form of P/Q.
It is also very much important for the kids to be clear about the real numbers chart so that they never face any kind of hassle at any point in time and can make the right decisions in the whole process.
Following are the basic properties of the real numbers:
- Commutative property: This particular property will be working for addition as well as multiplication in the world of real numbers and will be providing the kids with a good idea about the whole process
- Associative property: If there are different kinds of numbers then the associative property will be working for real numbers in the cases of addition and multiplication
- Distributive property: For different types of numbers distributive property can be perfectly represented and the best benefit is that it will come out with the same result every time
- Identity property: there are different kinds of identities for multiplicative and additive nature. Zero is the additive identity and one is the multiplicative identity.
It is very much important for the kids to be clear about all these kinds of above-mentioned aspects because real numbers are very much important in day-to-day life as well. Kids always need to make different kinds of decisions based upon real numbers and the best part is that all these kinds of numbers will be having a good amount of practical relevance in daily tasks. It is very much important to be clear about complex numbers as well because imaginary numbers are utilised in terms of representing them. It is also very crucial for the kids to be clear about the concept of natural numbers because of the practical relevance of them into day to day life so that kids can always make the right decisions at the right point in time.
Hence, depending upon experts of the industry from the house of Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that kids will be having a good command over the concept of a real number and natural numbers which will be very much capable of making the right decisions all the time. In this way, kids will be able to have a good command over the mathematics concepts and will be fetching good marks in the exams without any kind of hassle.